Crisis & ChallengesAdvice and support when in trouble
Closing down the business:
- We take care of the legal proceedings of a liquidation such as shareholder resolutions, notifications of trade office, tax office, other relevant authorities, communication with the notary office
- If needed, we can also assume the function and role of a liquidator
- After moving out of the office, we offer to use our business address during the liquidation
- All bookkeeping, financial statements, tax returns will be handled by us
- Termination of employees, termination of other contracts will be handled by our lawyers
- We help complying with document retention requirements
Hibernation of a legal entity:
You can maintain the legal entity just like an inactive company using our business address. You would still have a subsidiary in Germany and may be able to show a location on the group map for marketing purpose. We offer the minimum compliance package to fulfill accounting and tax requirements.
Sale of Business
Retreat from a geographical market, focus on core competencies or personal reasons at the end of an entrepreneur’s career: There are diverse reasons why it may be necessary to sell a business. Also, there is a multitude of forms of businesses, which may be subject to a sale: small and large corporations, the German operation of a global player, a typical German „Mittelstand“ engineering firm, highly specialized niche players seeking strategic partners or owner-managed hidden champions with a lack of management skill in the family’s next generation…
However, the questions arising in the sale of a business are quite often very similar:
- What is a „fair price“ of the business?
- How address and how deal with potential bidders?
- How shall the sale be legally negotiated, structured and documented?
- Which Tax issues must be considered and how can the tax burden of the transaction be optimized?
- After the deal, which Tax, Legal and Financial issues will arise for the Seller?
We are looking forward to support you with our M&A Sell Side Services!
Our interdisciplinary team of lawyers and accountants have experience in closing the office.
A liquidation of a German subsidiary (mostly the legal form of a GmbH) is a very long process. After the decision to start liquidation, the creditors will be informed with public notice about the liquidation. The company needs to wait a whole year until it can proceed with the final closing procedures.
The German company law does not have a state of inactive corporation. However, we can offer you a solution of hibernation of the company to wait for better times.