Introducing the Partners of FRANKUS
- FRANKUS Wirtschaftsprüfer Steuerberater Rechtsanwälte PartGmbB is a partnership of public accountants, tax advisors and lawyers.
- By integrating the three professional services under one roof, we are a true one stop shop for our clients.
- The partners have a long working experience at KPMG or PWC and more. Dr. Bergau was a partner at well-known law firms such as Pinsent Masons and Hoffmann Liebs. With this experience, we follow our vision of highest quality advisory and a strong focus on client satisfaction.
- It is key that we as partners involve ourselves in the professional work with clients and support our team members.
- We would like to briefly introduce ourselves to you:
Ms. Yvonne Panknin
Tax advisor, Partner, Head of International Business
- Studied Tax & Accounting at the University of Duisburg
- Started her career in the tax department of Mannesmann AG (predecessor of Vodafone Germany)
- Tax Advisor („Steuerberater“)
- Senior Manager @ KPMG Tax: Merger & Acquisitions
- Head of International Tax Department at OBI (large German DIY group)
- Partner @ FRANKUS from 2019
- Responsible for international business
- Runs the international tax blog “taxtown.de”
- Lecturer at FOM University of Applied Sciences in Duesseldorf
- Mother of 2
- Pretty good at tennis
+49 211 86 29 0023
Tax consulting should be understandable, client-oriented and aligned with the business model. My personal quality standards are of great importance to me.
Dr. Torsten Bergau, LL.M.
Lawyer, Partner, M&A
- Law degree from the University of Erlangen, Germany
- PhD from University of St. Gallen (HSG), Switzerland
- LL.M. from New York University, U.S.A.
- Started his career at Hengeler Mueller law firm, Duesseldorf
- Partner @ Hoffmann Liebs law firm, Duesseldorf
- Partner @ Pinsent Masons law firm, Duesseldorf
- Editor and co-author of a practical handbook of company acquisitions
- One of Germany’s best lawyers in corporate law according to the German financial paper Handelsblatt
- Partner @ FRANKUS from 2021
- Specialized in M&A with focus on Japanese investors
- Corporate Law
- Father of two boys and a girl
Buy the book: Practical Handbook Company Acquisition (German)
+49 211 86 29 0025
My passion is to lead an M&A transaction to success. Sometimes this requires finding complex legal solutions. But often, the key is to bring the parties back together in an emotionally charged situation.
Tax advisor, Specialist for business succession
- University of Applied Sciences for Finance in Nordkirchen (special university for tax officials)
- Career start at tax office
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers Duesseldorf, Manager at Financial Services Tax division
- Tax Advisor („Steuerberater“) and Certified Specialist Consultant for Business Succession
- Tax Manager at Rotthege/Wassermann, tax and law firm, Essen
- Tax Manager at FRANKUS and Partner since 2019
- Focus on medium-sized companies and their shareholders, with a particular expertise in the sectors of Financial Services, Family Offices, Healthcare and Real Estate
- Father of two boys
+49 211 86 29 0069
Before it is easy, it is difficult! Being aware of this, I try to develop innovative, digital, clear and understandable tax solutions together with my team and the client!
Toyo Nishimura 西村 東陽
- Master of Economics at Johann Wolfgang Goethe University of Frankfurt
- Started his career with KPMG, Financial Services Audit in Frankfurt, later transferred to Duesseldorf
- First Japanese national becoming German Public Accountant
- 2 years secondment to AZSA Audit Corp in Tokyo
- Partner at KPMG Audit in Duesseldorf from 2007-2011. European Lead Audit Partner of the Mazda group. Audit experience with TOYOTA Financial Services, BMW Bank, several automotive suppliers and Japanese trading companies.
- Partner @ FRANKUS from 2012
- Responsible for Japanese business, payroll & expat services
- Audit partner
- Focus on automotive, electronics, chemical & pharmaceuticals, logistics & international trade
- Father of 2 sons
+49 211 86 29 0057
I value the freedom to serve clients directly on the ground and apply my experience for the benefit of my client. For small and big clients. After all, experience is key for fast and on-the-spot solutions.